WHAT is Convene and HOW can individuals use the application?
Convene Communities is a web-based social media application, specifically designed to allow like-minded individuals to exclusively interact with one another and share their experiences and knowledge. It is a community based platform, organized according to specific passions, interests and occupations. Learn more at What Makes Convene Different?
The Convene platform was founded upon the idea of sharing our life experiences and knowledge for the benefit of others. Simply put, throughout our lives, we develop a library of innumerable experiences that play a vital role in shaping who we are as people. Learning from our own experiences and the trials of others ultimately impacts the decisions we make in the future. However, not every ‘experience’ created within Convene has to be about a life altering event. ‘Experiences’ could cover simple things such as:
- Book, album, movie & TV show reviews
- Sports drills & training videos
- Workout plans
- Nutrition plans
- Podcast or YouTube video reviews
- Beauty and fashion
The possibilities are endless!
Convene Communities is a multifaceted application with a variety of potential uses.
The Convene platform is an empty shell with which you can:
- Interact and engage with individuals just like themselves for FREE
- Create Private groups, housing exclusive content, interaction and information for their members
- Create Premier groups in order to interact and continue the conversation with your tribe, while giving you the ability to sell your content on your own terms
What is a Convene ‘Experience’?
The Convene ‘Experience’ feature is designed to submerge individuals into a specific scenario based off real life experiences. Experience creators set the stage by providing detailed background information about the specific scenario, before transitioning to “who/what/when/where/why” questions that are intended to generate thoughtful interaction from users.
After answering open-ended questions, there is a ‘lessons learned’ component of the scenario where the key lessons or major takeaways of the Experience are highlighted. Experiences can be created and answered openly or with anonymity to allow open and honest interaction for the more sensitive Experience topics.
A Discussion Board is available after taking an experience. You are invited to continue the conversation with others that have interacted with the Experience.
Other ‘Experience’ features include:
- Quizzes allow ‘Experience’ creators to measure users’ interaction with the content provided in the ‘Experience’.
- Surveys allow for feedback and data collection based on the topic covered in the ‘Experience’.
- Certificates of completion are an optional feature.
- Create unlimited syllabi within your Group
Within each community there are groups that further specify areas within the broader community. This makes the site easier to navigate and allows individuals to find “their tribe.” Community members are able to make better connections and grow their groups of people with similar passions and experiences.
Access to certain groups within Communities depend on user’s membership subscription. For example, a member will have access to all public and private groups. To have access to premier groups the member will have to purchase access that is set by the Premier Group Owner.
To create Private and Premier groups/content the member will be require to upgrade their membership subscription to private or premier.
Who is Convene for?
Convene offers four different levels of membership for each community. Upgrading your membership status will only apply to a single community, but Convene members may upgrade their membership in as many communities as they wish.
There is a lot you can do for FREE, so we encourage you to jump right in and explore Convene Communities with a FREE membership first.
Membership Levels in Convene Communities
Have an interest in a specific topic and want to participate by taking or creating public ‘Experiences’? This is FREE! As a blogger, podcaster, YouTuber, author, etc. you can participate in Convene Communities and create experiences around your interests, while simultaneously exposing a new targeted audience to your content.
- All Communities have FREE public access
- This level gives the member all access to join all public experiences and public groups in all communities.
- All members can write unlimited public experiences, create unlimited public groups, and create unlimited syllabi.
Do you have a private group where you may want to limit access the group’s content or information? Examples of these groups might include a sports team, a church group, a small business, or any other group that needs to limit membership access. For example, a soccer team can use Convene as a training and communication site. As a coach, I would only want my players, coaches, and parents to have access to the content within my group.
- All members have access to private groups for FREE.
To create a private group you must upgrade to Private Membership.
- Private members have access to CREATE private groups with private experiences.
- Members will have two ways to enter a private group. The member can request to join a private group or the group owner/administrator can send an invitation to join the group
- Private members can create unlimited private experiences, unlimited private groups, and unlimited private syllabi
- Private membership privileges will only be active within the community it was purchased. However, members can purchase as many private memberships within as many communities as they wish
- Every time a member joins a new community as a private member a commission will be paid to participating affiliates
Do you have content that you wish to sell? Convene Communities is built to serve content providers. For example, are you a YouTuber, Business, Podcaster, Author, Blogger, Trainer, Coach, Consultant, or Enthusiast? You have the ability to create a Premier Group to allow your followers to purchase exclusive access to you and your content. This membership gives YOU the power to set the price for access. Within the paid group, you can offer followers unique content in the form of ‘Experiences’ or classes using the syllabi feature. This can purchased through a monthly subscription or a flat fee for entry.
- Create Single Payment Groups
- Create Monthly/Annual Membership Groups
- Create Unlimited Premier Groups
- Create Unlimited Premier Experiences
- Create Unlimited Premier Syllabi
As a Premier Member, you have the option to set the level of Affiliate Commission you are willing to pay, from 10% to 60% per Premier Group. By choosing to participate in the affiliate program Convene will promote your Premier group and enlist an Army of Affiliates to promote and sell your content.
Influencers/Organizations- COMING SOON
An influencer is an individual who has the power to affect purchase decisions of others because of his/her authority, knowledge, position or relationship with his/her audience. This is an individual who has a large following in a particular niche, which they actively engage with.
An organization can be any type of organized body of people with a particular purpose. For example: a business, a society, an association, a non-profit etc.
Do you have a large following? Are you an organization with a lot of members?
Influencers and organizations have the ability to have their own community within Convene Communities.
- Inside these communities, you have the ability to have unlimited public, private, and premier groups.
- You set the private price to be a private member in your Community
- You have the ability to choose to participate in the Convene Affiliate Program. You set the commission percentages for your community.
Let’s get started!
Now that you have become more familiar with the Convene Application and its features, you are ready to get started.