By Dan Turner, Retired UMMC Flight Nurse
As with any profession that requires memory and perfection of skills, first responders must think of continuing education opportunities and training as a necessary part of their career-choice. We owe it to the ill and injured that we serve to be the best part of their worst day.
That’s where the Convene Community comes in—to provide each of you the opportunity to earn accredited CE hours through an online community where we read, write, and learn from each other by sharing experiences.
In the last few months, I’ve created a total of 38-hours of CE blocks for only $1 per CE hour earned. Wow! I hope you’ll join us and help this online community to grow. Thanks for reading and see you soon!
A Preview of CEs with Dan Turner
Free Experiences (3 free experiences to try me out):
1. Drug Calculations Made Easy
2. Simple Assist-Control Ventilation
3. About Dan Turner’s Group
$20 CE bundle (10 experiences) 20 CE Hours:
1. Checking Your Gear
2. Updating Loved Ones prior to Transport
3. Intubation Techniques
4. Chest X-Ray Anywhere
5. Sedation Anyone?
6. Gas Laws: Boyle’s Law
7. Pediatric Maintenance IV Fluid Calculations
8. Why monitor the Mean Arterial Pressure (MAP)?
9. Communication Specialists
10. Fostering a Safety Culture within Flight Teams
$10 CE Bundle (5 Experiences) 10 CE Hours:
2. Parkland Burn Formula
3. The Pregnant Trauma Patient
4. Technique for Difficult IV Sticks
5. Allowing Parents to Ride Along on Pediatric Transports
$6 CE Bundle (3 Experiences) 6 CE Hours
1. Dobutamine vs. Dopamine
2. Updating Loved Ones after a Transport
3. Ultrasound-Use in the Pre-Hospital Setting for Trauma Patients
$3.75 CE (1 Experience) 2 CE Hours
1. EMR Helicopter Landing Zone Setup