Creating a group in Convene is basically the same for all three types of groups:
- PUBLIC – Anyone can join the group and anyone can create a public group (FREE – anyone can do this)
- PRIVATE – Only people the group leader approves can join the group (Requires the Private Membership level to create)
- PREMIER – Users must pay the fee to gain access to this paid content (Requires the Premier Membership level to create)
Create a Group
- Make sure you are in the Community you want to create a group in.
- Select the Create>Group from the left menu
- Name the group
- Upload a group logo – required.
- Choose a cover image. The default will be the convene logo if you skip this step.
- Choose whether you group is public, private, or premier.
- Enter in the group description.
- Crop your logo
- Save Group
Your group is now set up. Go through each tab within your group and add information you want to add. This can be starting with a welcome message in the messages area. Any announcements you have can be added to the announcements tab. You can create experiences or assign experiences to your group (you don’t have to be the author to assign it to your group).
If your group is private, you can create private experiences within your group that only they can see.
If your group is a premier group, see the specific tutorial on creating a premier group.